Multi-Disciplinary Measurement Matters, Right?… So Why Don’t We Do It Enough?
NetBase Live Europe 2017 took place in London this May with the purpose being to bring together thought leaders, industry experts, and analysts, from both agencies and clients, to share and discuss the latest social media insights and trends. Edelman Intelligence were asked to be guest speakers at the event based on the type of work that we do and the length of time we have been using Netbase.
Our talk, “Multi-Disciplinary Measurement Matters, Right?… So Why Don’t We Do It Enough?” focused on holistic/multi-disciplinary measurement, our approach at EI, and general guidance on how to do it well.
This was a topic close to both our hearts and professional experiences as well as being a hot topic in the industry at the moment. The talk was designed to raise greater awareness around holistic measurement practices, and why we should be doing it more, challenge ways of thinking amongst both peers and clients and showcase our approach at Edelman Intelligence.
The presentation covered several areas within the topic, including such items as…
• What do we mean by ‘multi-disciplinary measurement’? And why do we say it’s important?
• The principles of good measurement & what can robust measurement give me?
• Establishing the problem – Creating a truly valuable measurement approach often encounters several barriers & examples of these
• Multi-agency management & stakeholder engagement
• How we have succeeded – A look at three case studies where EI have successfully implemented holistic measurement approaches
Other notable speakers included Nathalie Nahai (a Web Psychologist and Author), Jackie Balchin (Head of Social Insights, DMS), Teodora Coste (Strategy & Analytics Consultant, Burson-Marsteller), François Vogel (Managing Partner, ici Barbés Paris) and Clément Brygier (CEO, Digital Insighters)