If 2017 was a year of transition, 2018 was a year of disruption.
The exposé of Cambridge Analytica showed us a world of data mining, behavioural profiling and targeted fake news campaigns. The gender pay gap bill revealed that men are paid more than women at eight in 10 organisations.
Regrettably, the World Cup didn’t come home – but football did – as we celebrated the best performance since 1990 during the hottest summer on record. The country’s most eligible bachelor, Prince Harry was finally taken off the market. We’re yet to reach a deal on Brexit, the PM played Chequers while the EU played Chess.
As for 2019, what’s next?
On Tuesday 4th December, Edelman will host our annual Crystal Ball with a panel of experts to gaze into the year ahead, discussing trends, stories and events. The event will be livestreamed and you can watch it on Facebook or below:
This year’s Crystal Ball panel includes:
- Kirsty Wark, Broadcaster, Panel Moderator;
- Helena Morrissey DBE, Head of Personal Investing, Legal & General and Founder, 30% Club;
- Stella Creasy MP, Labour MP for Walthamstow;
- Caryn Mandabach, Award Winning Television Producer, Roseanne, Peaky Blinders;
- Nimco Ali, Founder and Director, Daughters of Eve;
- Ed Williams, CEO, Edelman UK & Ireland.