If 2018 was a year of disruption, 2019 was a year of new beginnings.
Theresa May stepped down, and Boris Johnson stepped up in a bid to bring the country one step closer to leaving the EU. Thomas Cook flew away, whilst Greta Thunberg sailed in... to New York and has fast become a household name. The Iron Throne was turned to ash, but there was a new Royal in town, by the name of Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.
As for 2020, what will happen next? And how will the outcome of our pre-Christmas election set the stage for the United Kingdom in the coming year?
Now in its twelfth year, on 3rd December, Crystal Ball brings together a panel of experts across business, politics, media and culture to make their predictions about the year ahead. This year, we are proud to announce our first names:
- Kirsty Wark, Broadcaster and Panel Moderator
- Jayne-Anne Gadhia, UK & Ireland CEO, Salesforce
- Rachel Johnson, Journalist, Author, Broadcaster
- Sally Phillips, Actor, Comedian
- Ayesha Hazarika, Comedian, Journalist, Political Commentator
- Ed Williams, President and CEO, Edelman EMEA
Watch live below: